The Hike is a plucky and sweet adventure story about three intrepid young female explorers set out to conquer the outdoors intheir local forest.
Here is the best and worst of any hike: from picnics to puffing and panting, deer-sighting to detours.
This spirited picture book is filled with lyrical language that captures the majesty of the natural world, coupled with a fun narrative throughout.
• Features a glossary and scientific backmatter
• Includes a sketchbook by one of the characters that highlights aspects of the hike
• Abundant labels throughout for scientific learning
The Hike is about how fun it can be to explore nature in your own backyard.
This book is a must-have for budding scientists, best friends, and all adventurers in preschool and kindergarten.
• A wonderful gift for parents and grandparents of kids who like to explore and get dirty outside
• Perfect for teachers and librarians looking for an outdoors-themed book
• Great for fans of We're Going on a Bear Hunt by Helen Oxenbury, The Bad Seed by Jory John, and We Are the Gardeners by Joanna Gaines
- Grade Level: Preschool and up
- Hardcover: 56 pages
- Publisher: Chronicle Books (October 8, 2019)
- ISBN-13: 978-1452174617