Friends and Anemones: Ocean Poems for Children
May 1, 2021 (by Aesop)
This gorgeous anthology of poetry is a love letter to our oceans. It is a perfect addition to anyone’s library (especially a teacher’s!). Here are some reasons we love it!
- All the poems are written by local authors; Some may be known to you (Peter Reynolds), some may be your neighbors.
- There is an assortment of poem topics and styles so there is absolutely something for everyone
- Every poem will inspire readers to do their part to protect our oceans
- The artwork is breathtaking... seriously, I dare you to pick a favorite page.
- The back of the book is full of activities for kids and suggestions for ways your family can help save our marine wildlife.
- Proceeds of this book go to Rozalia Project, a local organization dedicated to protecting the ocean through cleanup, education, solutions-based research and by embracing innovation and technology.