Lauren Tarshis's New York Times bestselling I Survived series tells tales of brave kids who survive harrowing events. Now, Lauren Tarshis tells the true stories of several animals who face challenges of their own and the humans who help them survive.
ANIMALS. SURVIVORS. HEROES. The author of the New York Times bestselling I Survived series shares four thrilling true stories of animals who have faced disaster—and come through. You’ll meet courageous animals and also inspiring humans who show how we can help protect the creatures who share our precious Earth.
Includes real-life stories about:
- The pigeon hero of World War I
- Two captured dolphins and the hero who helped them return to the sea
- 20,000 penguins saved from an oil spill disaster
- Two orphaned cheetahs and their unlikely new dad
This fourth book in the I Survived True Stories series is perfect for fans of the I Survived chapter books or anyone who loves stories about animals beating the odds. It's a great choice for reading alongside I Survived the Battle of D-Day, 1944, which features a carrier pigeon character.
- Paperback: 176 pages
- Publisher: Scholastic (November 2, 2021)
- ISBN-13: 978-1338317947