Sonia Sotomayor, the first Latina Supreme Court Justice, is the 16th hero in the New York Times bestselling series of biographies for ages 5 to 8.
Sonia Sotomayor learned to speak Spanish before she spoke English. And she had barely started walking before she learned to run. Full of energy and dedication, Sonia read every book she could get her hands on as a child—and she especially loved detective stories. Those stories inspired her to become a lawyer, then New York City’s first Hispanic federal judge, and finally, the third woman and first Hispanic Justice of the United States Supreme Court. She was proof that opportunity comes with justice.
This friendly, fun biography series inspired the PBS Kids TV show Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum. One great role model at a time, these books encourage kids to dream big. Included in each book are:
• A timeline of key events in the hero’s history
• Photos that bring the story more fully to life
• Comic-book-style illustrations that are irresistibly adorable
• Childhood moments that influenced the hero
• Facts that make great conversation-starters
• A virtue this person embodies: Justice Sonia Sotomayor's enthusiasm carried her through life's challenges
- Age Range: Kindergarten and up
- Hardcover: 40 pages
- Publisher: Dial Books (November 13, 2018)
- ISBN-13: 978-0735228733