See the U.S. Constitution in a new light with this bold, modern and accessible illustrated guide to the document that helped define democracy.
With the unprecedented events and actions that have tested the American political system over the last several years, including the violent overtaking of the U.S. Capitol Building, there has never been a better time to take a closer look at the Constitution, the bedrock of U.S. politics. As part of the critical discussion of current events at school and at home, inquisitive minds will have their questions vividly answered – and new ones raised – by a mix of striking illustrations and clear, engaging text, including passages from the Constitution given in plain English.
As well as a detailed history covering the original Constitution, the Bill of Rights and all Amendments, discover how this milestone in American democracy shapes and is shaped by the world at large. We The People shows that, far from a fusty old piece of paper, the U.S. Constitution is a living, evolving rule book that is as relevant today as it has ever been.
- A fresh take on a monumental document, navigating in style its history and its life today.
- Excerpts from the Constitution are presented here in plain English to help young thinkers better understand the role it plays in everyday life.
- Accessible, energetic text accompanied by contemporary, powerful illustrations allows children aged 10 and older to re-think the Constitution in a totally new way.
- A balanced examination that does not shy away from addressing the difficulties of interpreting and adapting the Constitution for the modern world.
We The People takes the Constitution out of its display case, blows off the dust and re-imagines this piece of history for the next generation.
Hardcover: 128 pages
- Publisher: Wide Eyed Editions (July 1, 2020)
- ISBN-13: 978-0711254046