Over 300 Whiskeys and 110 Distillers Tell the Story of the Nation's Spirit
Internationally recognized whiskey expert Richard Thomas brings you this expanded and updated edition of American Whiskey.
This book not only delivers a thorough history of this national spirit, but provides a snapshot of the industry today. With an emphasis on new expressions of whiskey and rising stars in the game, this expanded edition brings more exposure to the whiskey world than ever. Thomas highlights the major players and whiskey hubs across the U.S., from industry giants to smaller craft distilleries that bring quality to your glass. Chapters are dedicated by region, covering the Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, Southwest, and the West. With a special focus on the recent emergence of the third whiskey state, Texas, this is an opportunity to dive deeper into the industry today. Inside you’ll find:
- Detailed tasting notes for over 300 expressions of whiskey
- More than 100 updated profiles of notable distillers
- Interviews with master distillers
- The history of whiskey across the United States
- Original photography of behind the scenes at these distilleries
Follow the production of this spirit from grain to glass and get a broader understanding of the whiskey landscape across the country with American Whiskey.
- Hardcover: 576 pages
- Publisher: Cider Mill Press (October 25, 2022)
- ISBN-13: 978-1646433056